Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Army Pvt. Jalfred D. Vaquerano

Remember Our Heroes

Army Pvt. Jalfred D. Vaquerano, 20, of Apopka, Fla.

Pvt. Vaquerano was assigned to 1st Battalion, 41st Infantry Regiment, 3rd Brigade Combat Team, 1st Armored Division, Fort Bliss, Texas; died Dec. 13, 2011, in Landstuhl, Germany, of injuries caused by enemy small-arms fire while deployed in Logar province, Afghanistan.


Pvt Vaquerano was critically wounded in Logar Province and transported hosptial in Landstuhl, Germany. His parents and fiancee, Katie Madden, were at his bedside when he passed away. Katie and Jalfred were to be married soon.

Fiancee Katie wrote on Facebook:
"I'll never have a chance to walk down the aisle towards him...I'll never be able to have beautiful green-eyed babies with the love of my life. I'll never be able to grow old with the one person on earth who made me so happy… I've lost everything."

Katie wrote in a note to family and friends, "The last words I said to him were 'I can't wait to be your wife,' and his were 'Me either, I love you.'"
Pvt Vaquerano graduated from Forest Lake Academy in Apopka.

Pvt Vaquerano enlisted in the Army in January, 2011. He served as an infantryman.

His father, Carlos Vaquerano, thanked the scores of well-wishers.

"From His dad Carlos: thank you very much. Jalfred was the sweetest of all. I love you my son and I know I'll be with you soon. Jesus come soon please."

Pvt Vaquerano's awards and decorations include:

National Defense Service Medal
Afghanistan Campaign Medal with a Campaign Star
Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
Army Service Ribbon

Army Pvt. Jalfred D. Vaquerano was killed in action on 12/13/11.

No comments: