Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Army Pvt Dustin Tucker

Remember Our Heroes

Fort Hood soldier, 22, dies in California

FORT HOOD – Post officials released on Wednesday the name of a 4th Infantry Division soldier who died Saturday in Santa Rosa, Calif., of unknown causes.

Pvt. Dustin Mark Tucker, 22, of Kenwood, Calif., on Aug. 28 was taken to Santa Rosa Memorial Hospital after complaining about not feeling well. Tucker's kidneys failed on Aug. 29, and he died the next day.

Tucker joined the military in August 2007 as an indirect fire infantryman and was assigned to the 7th Squadron, 10th Cavalry Regiment, 1st Brigade Combat Team, 4th Infantry Division, Fort Hood, since January 2008. Tucker deployed to Iraq last March.

Tucker's military awards and decorations include the Iraq Campaign Medal, the Global War on Terrorism Service Medal and the Army Service Ribbon.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dustin was an amazing person and someone that I will never forget as long as I live. I wish more than anything I could have one last chance to see him. I love you Dustin and I'll never forget you!

Anonymous said...

I love you Dustin, I still miss you. Your the rarist kind of person, someone that if is friend to everyone. Your more of a hero than I could ever be. I really miss you.

Anonymous said...

It's been 2 and a half years since you died and your platoon still misses you brother. It was hard to stay positive after you left, but there are only happy memories of smoking hookahs and having a kickass time with you in a a hellhole like Iraq. Rest in Peace Tucker.

Anonymous said...

I miss you buddy. Still think of you often. It's been over 12 years since you passed and I've yet to meet anyone quite like you. Always with love.