Thursday, March 27, 2008

Army Cpl. Joshua A. Molina

Remember Our Heroes

Army Cpl. Joshua A. Molina, 20, of Houston, Texas

Cpl. Molina was assigned to the 1st Squadron, 2nd Stryker Cavalry Regiment, Vilseck, Germany; died Mar. 27, 2008 in Baghdad of wounds sustained when his vehicle encountered an improvised explosive device.

Click 2 Houston --HOUSTON -- A 20-year-old Elsik High School graduate has been killed in Iraq, KPRC Local 2 reported Saturday.

Army Spc. Joshua Molina was killed Thursday. The Department of Justice said Molina died in Baghdad, Iraq, of wounds suffered when his vehicle encountered an improvised explosive device.

The news numbed his family.

"Two sergeants came and we just broke down. We couldn't believe it," brother Manuel Molina said.

He said he spoke to his brother earlier in the week and remembered their last conversation clearly.

"I told him I loved him and he would be in my prayers like always. I wasn't expecting this days later after that call he was going to be dead," said Molina.

The family does not have many details surrounding Molina's death. They do know he fought to stay alive.

"He was still alive trying to stay alive. Sadly, he couldn't and I have a feeling that God needed another angel. He's up there looking at me, my whole family. Everything is going to be OK," the younger brother said.

The Molinas are a tight knit family. They were fortunate to have Josh home back in January. Now, they must hold on to those memories to get through their most difficult hours.

"I think this is what he wants for his whole family to be together one, one family and remember the good times," Molina said.

Molina was the fourth Elsik High School graduate to be killed while serving in the war in Iraq.

He was remembered as the man who liked to have fun and as someone who was always smiling. His family said he wanted to be in the military since he was a child.

"Since he was a little kid he liked to play war and guns and we would just play around. He loved the military, especially the U.S. Army," said Molina.

Army Cpl. Joshua A. Molina was killed in action on 3/27/08.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Today I ran a 4 mile race, "I Did the Grid," in Northport, NY. I ran with the name of four fallen heroes from Operation Iraqi Freedom and Joshua was one of them. As I crossed the finish line with tears running down my face, I yelled Josh's name in honor of him making the ultimate sacrifice. Thank you Josh, for being my hero. Jennifer Ariel