Thursday, October 13, 2011

Army Spc. Jeremiah T. Sancho

Remember Our Heroes

Army Spc. Jeremiah T. Sancho, 23, of Palm Bay, Fla.

Spc. Sancho was assigned to 3rd Squadron, 71st Cavalry Regiment, 3rd Brigade Combat Team, 10th Mountain Division, Fort Drum, N.Y.; died Oct. 13, 2011 in Kandahar province, Afghanistan, of injuries caused by an improvised explosive device.


Spc Sancho enjoyed playing video games and playing bass guitar. He was an avid comic-book fan and budding artist on paper and film.

Spc Sancho graduated from Palm Bay High in 2007. He joined the Army in 2010.

During his basic-training graduation ceremony, he surprised his longtime girlfriend, RaiAnne Bocco, by dropping to one knee and proposing behind the bleachers at Fort Benning, Ga. The couple married seven days later in RaiAnne’s parents' back yard. Sancho’s grandfather, Eddie, an ordained minister, performed the ceremony.

Spc Sancho deployed in April. He had planned to return home on leave in November.

“I have a hole in my chest. He wasn’t just my son-in-law. He was my son,” said Sharon Bocco, RaiAnne’s mother. “He’s been living here since he was 17 years old.”

On her FB page, wife, RaiAnne wrote, “Jerry I miss you. I love you so much baby. I don’t know what I’m gonna do without you, but I know you’re watching over me. love you and was proud to be your wife.”

Spc Sancho’s awards and decorations include:
Afghanistan Campaign Medal
Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
Global War on Terrorism Expeditionary Medal
Army Service Ribbon
Overseas Service Ribbon
NATO Medal
Combat Action Badge

Spc Sancho is survived by his mother and stepfather, Jante and Bernardo;
wife, RaiAnne, siblings, Bernardo, Josiah, Jovon and Jaell.

Army Spc. Jeremiah T. Sancho was killed in action on 10/13/11.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I was with him that day and he lived for his family and fellow brothers in arms. He will always be remembered in my family as a great man, a true friend, and a really hero.