Tuesday, July 05, 2011

Army Spc. Jordan C. Schumann

Remember Our Heroes

Army Spc. Jordan C. Schumann, 24, of Port St. Lucie, Fla.

Spc Schumann was assigned to the 709th Military Police Battalion, 18th Military Police Brigade, 21st Theater Sustainment Command, Hohenfels, Germany; died July 5, 2011 in Paktia province, Afghanistan, of injuries suffered when enemy forces attacked their unit with an improvised explosive device. Also killed were Army Spc. Preston J. Suter and Army Staff Sgt. Joshua A. Throckmorton.


Spc Schumann graduated St. Lucie West Centennial High School in 2006. He served his community as a volunteer firefighter and EMT, earning an EMT certification from Brevard Community College in 2008. He enlisted in the Army as a way to help people and earn money for school.

Spc. Schumann was making plans to attend officer's school and to become a trauma nurse in the Army. According to family, he had grown more serious about making the best of his military experience when he learned he was going to be a father.

Spc Schumann and his wife, Sarah, are expecting their first child, a son, in September, who will be named Tristan Alexander.


"He's going to live on in his son who is going to be born in two months, and that boy will know his dad was a great man," his brother, Clay said.

"When Jordan came into your life, there was electricity," mother, Linda said. "But when he left, it was like somebody turned off the lights."

His mother said that as a volunteer firefighter and EMS, Jordan was always given the most challenging tasks. He loved it. "He couldn't live life just normal," Linda said. "He loved adventure and always said, 'I'm going to go out with a bang.'"

Spc Schumann's parents say that although their son is gone, they understand that Jordan was doing his job, just like other soldiers do. They said they'll continue to honor the lives of service men and women.

"Every day, when I walk out to that flag pole and I talk to him, I'm going to remember what he's done for his fellow man," Clay said as his eyes watered. "And we will not forget him."

July 16, 2011
Jordan Schumann was a good man I've known since the beginning of h.s. We both worked as emts and aspired to be firemen and both ended up in the service I wish I could be there for the service! My flag is at half mass here at McChord AFB in honor of you ! Condolences to your family ~ A1C Steven S., JB Lewis-McChord, Washington

July 13, 2011
I can remember Jordan when he was working for AMR and would come into Lawnwood to pick up patients. His smile was invigorating you couldn't help but smile back at him. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family and especially his wife. Jordan left you with the best part of him, your unborn child... know he will live on through that little man. We will not forget his sacrifice for our country and he will always be remembered! ~ Laura W., Ft. Pierce, Florida

July 11, 2011
Jordan, You were a guy with jokes :) I remember the last time you came to my house, and you first started dating Sarah. You really saw something in her that you have never seen in another one. She is truly a very sweet girl. I pray that theres peace among her her unborn son, parents, brother and the whole family. I pray the family will over come this, because God has plans for us. God is With all of you. Always and forever. God Bless you ~ Stephanie W., Port St. Lucie, Florida

July 11, 2011
Spc Schumann, you will truly be missed. My deepest condolences goes out the your family and wife. It was a blessing in having the opportunity to meet you because you were truly a good man and a soldier. You constantly put a smile on people's face and your pressence always brought warmth and comfort to the fellow soldiers of 527th MP CO. May you rest in peace Brother In Arms.~SSG Arroyo-Lopez 527th MP CO Strike Deep!!! Bronx, New York

July 09, 2011
What a gift Jordan was and is to so many. Such a wonderful, godly young man. I will not forget the countless Sundays teaching him in Sunday School and the many laughs he provided in Kids Choir. I go back and watch those videos and smile when I see Jordan. I know he's in God's precious care and I praise God for that. I'm praying daily for the family. ~ Ms. YO, Port St. Lucie, Florida

July 08, 2011
Dear Schumann family and Sarah,
Schumann was one of the funniest guys I have ever had the chance to meet. When I first entered the 527th mp co in August 2010, he was quick to make me feel welcome and part of the team. I give you all my deepest condolences and my heart goes out to all of you. Schumann will be loved forever and never forgotten. ~ Anthony C., Hohenfels, Germany


Spc. Schumann is survived by his parents, Linda and Clay; wife, Sarah; brother, Clay Jr., and sister, Heather.

Army Spc. Jordan C. Schumann was killed in action on 7/5/11.

No comments: